Oct 29, 2009

Mountains and Valleys


     It is incredible how God never fails. Seriously, it's just crazy that He is always faithful and never lets us down. Even in the little things He proves Himself.
     I'm telling you, this whole journey with my book has been a roller coaster ride. There have been so many times when, just when I begin to feel discouraged, something happens that pulls me to my feet again. Could be as simple as getting a phone call from a friend to tell me that they read my story and liked it. Simple as hearing that somebody wants to read my stuff. Simple encouragement that goes a long way.
     Funny thing is, the encouragement always comes exactly when I need it most. As soon as I begin to doubt myself, someone does or says something that touches my heart and makes me want to keep going. Isn't God amazing?
     I am not saying that God is going to make my book be a bestseller. I'm not even saying it will sell at all! But I do believe that He cares about the things I care about, simply because He loves me. He may have planned that I never become an author. That's ok. Right now, though, I am seeing His hand work in my situation. And I am amazed. I guess that could be the point of why He's doing it.
     So, what's the most recent bit of encouragement that's made me go, "wow?" Well... *drum roll* a published author who I respect is going to read my manuscript! Crazy thing? It was at one of those times when I was starting get anxious about what the agent is going to think of my proposal. I can hardly believe it!!!
     Wow. Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW. God... You are cool!
     Basically, I've been praising God all day from the top of this mountain. Sure, a valley is bound to come sooner or later, but my God is faithful. As long as I am obeying Him and trusting His plan for me, I need not fear the future.

Post Tenebras Lux!
-ST

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! God is faithful! What a wonderful reminder.

Nathan R. Petrie said...

::pokes:: what writer?

That's pretty sweet!!!

Storyteller SilverLoom said...

*laughs* Sorry, Nathan. The author has not given me permission to reveal that information.

Nathan R. Petrie said...

I so knew that was coming :P

Let us/me know when/if you get permission :P Not because I want to spam up the author with my story...simply because it'd be cool to know. It's nice to know who's open to reading stuff every once in a while and who's totally not you know?

Storyteller SilverLoom said...

Yes, I will let you know when and if I am able to.

Precentor said...

*chuckles* I knew that was going to be the answer ;). What a great place you are in ST, praising God! Wonderful!
Millardthemk

Storyteller SilverLoom said...

He is so good to me, Millard!