Nov 27, 2009

The Search Continues

     Happy late Thanksgiving, guys, gals, and Elves! I hope you had a great one! I sure did.

     After ten days of consideration, I have decided to continue my search for an agent. The decision has been gradual, but I believe it is better than getting an editor or working on another project. This time, though, I will be sending the manuscript to several agents at once.

     I have many hours of research ahead of me; I need to look into each agent to see if they are respectable and fair people who will not take advantage of a novice writer. To do this, I will e-mail a few of the authors and publishers who the agent has worked with and ask for their opinion of the agent. I did this with the previous agent, and it was time consuming enough with just that one. Now I need to do it for several agents!

     I do not know when I'll have the time to do this, as I am busily preparing for a certain holiday called... um... oh, yeah, CHRISTMAS! After the season is over, I expect to be able to resume my quest properly.

     So if you know of an agent that I should look into, let me know! :)

Post Tenebras Lux!
-ST

4 comments:

AB said...

*applause* Yea! I'll be praying for you!

Storm Marie White said...

I do not look forward to reaching the part of becoming an author that you are at. Sounds like a lot of work. :)
Good luck!
By the way, did you recieve my email and choose not to respond, or did it never come?

Storyteller SilverLoom said...

Thanks, AB!

Yes, Barie, it is rather labor intensive at this point. But I suppose it could be worse. :) I'm sorry, but I never received your email! Could you resend it to 'storytellerjourney@hotmail.com'?

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Testing...this is Keeneye..and he is um...testing...even though school is out..he's sitting on hiscomputer...testing....testing some more...oh...and what's this? he's testing..

1,2,3...why do I count? because I'm testing...