Oct 23, 2015

Y I NO WRITE

     If you follow my Facebook page, you may have noticed that I haven't written anything in about a week. This is because a friend of mine, the lovely Jenny Kniskern of Little Faith Blog, was at my house for a week-long visit. The break from writing was well worth the fun times Jen, my sister, and I spent together.

     One of the first things Jen said to me was, "I want to hear all about Flight!"

     My response was, of course, "Um, sorry. I can't tell you anything until it's done."

     My sister shook her head like a war-weary veteran. "Yeah, Jen, you're not getting anything out of her."

     Now that the authoress of the ingenious Little Faith Book has returned
to her domain, I am plunging back into writing. My schedule this upcoming week will be pretty relaxed, I think, so I should be able to pound out a solid word count. I would love to get 20,000 this week, which would put me about half-way through the draft, but I will need to double my 500 words per day goal to achieve it. As usual, I will be tracking my progress on the Facebook page.

     The week after next will land us in November. Time for Nanowrimo! I won't finish Flight next month (unless God works a miracle), but I will be participating for 25,000 words. It will help me track my progress and interact with any of you who will be writing. Find me on the Nanowrimo site so we can follow each other!

Post Tenebras Lux!
-ST

EDIT: Ahem, did I say 20,000 words this week? Sorry, I can't math. That would be about 2,000 words a day. I can't do that! I don't think. I could try. But that would be crazy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would do nanowrimo, but I really have to work on rewriting the novel I'm working on right now, and the outline for my next one isn't nearly done... Your week with Jen sounds like it was a lot of fun!