Nov 2, 2015

Nanowrimo Numbers

     It comes every year, ensnaring writers by the hundreds. It births novels amid a flood of sweat and tears. It is (dun dun DUN)... National Novel Writing Month.

     But I'm only kinda doing it this year.

     Like I said in my last post, this year I am competing for half the official Nano word count. This means I should write about 835 words each day. 

     But last week is making question my ability to reach 25,000 this month. 

     Last week, I happened to have a bit of time on my hands. I hoped to write 10,000 words (and fantasized about 20,000), but the week ended with 5,333 new words. That's basically half of what I hoped for. Maybe shooting for 1,000 a day was too much. 

     Thankfully, I don't have to do 1,000 a day this month. 835 is just a few hundred more words than my original goal (500 words a day). I am both apprehensive and hopeful. 

     Here are a few more numbers for you (just because I can):

     12,000
     This is Flight's total current word count. 12,000 down, 38,000ish to go. 

     31
     December 31st, that is. According to the Nanowrimo word count tracker, I will finish 50,000 words (Flight's estimated final word count) on December 31st if I write 835 words everyday. 

     4
     This is how many major characters have been introduced in Flight so far. One of them hasn't had time to speak any lines yet, but he will. I love this particular character because he is a nerd.  

     84
     This is how many people are a part of my Support Team page on Facebook. What even. That's a ton! Thank you sooo much to everyone who follows that page! The encouragement is overwhelming. 

Post Tenebras Lux!
-ST

P.S. If you're doing Nanowrimo, buddy request me! I love seeing how other people are doing with their writing. 

No comments: