Dec 7, 2009

Christmas Rush


     Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the feelings it brings. Everything just seems so joyful, music and lights are everywhere. It is a great time of year to slow down and really contemplate God's incredible love for us.
     But this year, I haven't slowed down much. I have been frantically trying to complete the many projects that I must attend to. Then yesterday it hit me just how stupid I was being. So I dropped one of my projects. I do not want to rush through Christmas.
     Last night felt great! I cannot say I did anything especially Christmasy (except put on my fuzzy socks), but I made myself take a breath and quit rushing. And like I said, it was great.
     Now I can really listen to the lyrics of the songs on the radio. Have you ever done that? It fills me with awe when the songs remind me of the grace and love of our Savior.
     Now I can enjoy putting up the decorations with my family, and really appreciate the beauty. And, yeah, Christmas isn't about the decorations, but they certainly add to the season for me.
     Are you slowing down the Christmas rush this year? How are you accomplishing that?

Post Tenebras Lux!
-ST 

8 comments:

Storm Marie White said...

I wish I could join you in your 'Slowing down' but this year's Christmas is, I believe, going to be the fastest Christmas of my life.

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Barie, some situations cannot be changed, others appear unchangable but are simply waiting for us to. No judgement in that statement, no "holier than thou" meaning. I too am guilty of rushing through the true purposes.

ST, check out http://www.adventconspiracy.org/

Storyteller SilverLoom said...

Every year seems faster than the last! *laughs*

Thank you, Nathan. I shall look into it.

AB said...

I've had a ton of things on my mind lately and then with Christmas on top of it all, it's just got me worried. But I'm learning to sit back and let God take care of the things I cannot control and enjoy this wonderful time of year of celebrating His Son's birth.

Kendra Logan said...

We're trying, but there are so many things to do this time of year! Lots of really good, fun stuff, but not much of a break after all :-/ Ah well, still a fun time :) This Christmas so far has been awesome for me. Hope yours is going well, too!

~Kendra

Storyteller SilverLoom said...

Thanks, Kendra! Yes, I am still very busy, just not as stressed out as before. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your Christmas!

AB, praying for you!

Carolyne said...

what you didn't mention, ST, is that you gave that one project to me! Now I'm feeling the stress! lol, jk. It is important to slow down and appreciate this time of year. :)

Storyteller SilverLoom said...

And you're doing a very good job of it, Caro.