Apr 16, 2014

I'm Givin' All My Secrets Away... NEVER!

     If you check out my collection of favorite characters on my Pinterest board, you'll notice that most of them fall into one of two categories; they are either hilariously funny, or they have huge secrets. I've got Snape, the Scarlet Pimpernel, River Song, and several more. I love character secrets. I especially love discovering character secrets.

      So, naturally, I made Flight top-secret. It motivates me to write so I can share the story with everyone.

     Unfortunately, not everyone likes secrets. I'm beginning to realize that my sister and best friend may fall into this category.

     They are both complaining. After reading the part in my previous post that said, "I especially want to keep my sister and my best friend in the dark," my best friend declared (and I quote), "But the anticipation is such a burden!" My sister backed her up by saying that, "The book will be like blah and then we're gonna be like, 'Really? We waited for this?'"

     Yeah, secrets aren't really their thing.

     Now, to be fair, let me state that I do believe they are both just teasing me (to some extent). If someone were keeping a story from me, I'd say the same things. Probably.

     Anyway, they have been huge help to me in the past with book writing. They both provide great advice and ideas. I have nearly talked my sister's ear off many times, trying to verbally solve writer's block.I would probably get Flight done a lot faster and more efficiently if I included them in the details.

     But maybe that's another reason why Flight is top-secret. I want to prove to myself that I can do it on my own. Completely.

     Is that prideful? Probably prideful.

     I hope it's worth it. I hope they don't think the story is "blah." If they do... eh, I'm going to make like Scarlet O'Hara and "think about that tomorrow." I'm not nearly ready enough to spill my secrets today.

     Please excuse me while I go find more secretive characters for my Pinterest board.

Post Tenebras Lux!

-ST

No comments: