Apr 25, 2014

Birds of a Feather

     600 words on Flight today. I wish I could write more, but I'm working out the plot as I go. I have the middle of the story down pretty well, but the beginning is fuzzy and the end is totally wrapped in fog. That's bad, I know. I keep praying for creativity and reminding myself that Flight is supposed to be a fairly short book. Nanowrimo calls for 1,500 words a day, but I'm not trying to finish in one month. I have time. 600 words are MUCH better than nothing.

     My best friend called me last night. I told her I had been trying to write, but would gladly procrastinate to chat with her. I think she said, "Oh, you're writing your bird book, hu?"

     Dear bff, let me assure you that, despite any appearances, Flight is not a book about birds. But, seeing as how it is a story for you, I can add a bird or two in there, if you really want. ;)

     I usually listen to Pandora while I write. I've gone through phases of film scores and Skillet, but now I'm on an Owl City stretch (once again, the fact that an owl is a bird has nothing to do with my book). I really like "Hello Seattle" and "Embers." Music is so inspiring, even helpful. "Say Something" came up on the station, and I realized it perfectly described an incident in one of my character's past. Ever had one of those moments, writer friends?

Post Tenebras Lux!
-ST

No comments: